Thursday, August 8, 2013

Creamed Kale


Ingredients:
5 large leaves of kale, center stalk removed and cut into 1/2 in. ribbons
Water
1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 tsp. onion salt powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 Tbsp. undated butter
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese

Procedure:
1. Bring slightly salted water to a boil and blanch the kale leaves. Rinse it in a bowl of ice water. Drain.
2. Pour the milk in a bowl or measuring glass and dilute the all-purpose flour. Add in the garlic, onion salt, ground pepper and some salt.
3. Heat a skillet and pour the milk mixture. Whisk until the sauce thickens.
4. Add in the drained kale leaves and stir until it is equally distributed. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese and stir then give it a final taste.
5. Place it in a serving platter. Serve and enjoy!

This is a Lannie Armstrong recipe inspired from Bobby Flay's Cream Kale from foodnetwork.com. Feel free to share and use it for your home cooking.




Food for the Soul

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Galatians 2:20, NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment